Now that I stand back and look at the page I've just completed [image 2.7], I see that I haven't developed much at all from the foundation Module. I'm still pretty much stuck in the explicitness of representations, not interpretations of them. I had fun using a craft knife to cut tiny details in the stars, but it's just reproducing what you can print out from the computer. Nothing fancy, interesting, or original there. With the extra space I had left, I started tearing paper. Also played a bit more with scissors (I don't have pinking scissors) to give the stars rough or frazzled edges (kind of like the fringe on leather bags in the 60s). The big "comet" toward the bottom-right was done with a cutting wheel. Instead of the "correctly" folded paper for the first set of snowflakes, I mis-folded some paper and cut the shape to see what would come out. Sort of hard to tell where one flake ends and the next begins.
It will be interesting to see how distorted shapes will look in Chapter 3.
We went for a walk to the store and I saw this bush with these tiny star-shaped flowers, emphasis on tiny! [images 2.8 & 2.9]
|image 2.8||image 2.9|